Advert close date 5th December 2023
Purpose of role: A senior manager role within the offshore wind strategy team to drive supply chain capability and growth within the Offshore Wind (OSW) sector. This role encompasses overseeing catalytic and enabling activities, leading on external interactions with the sector as TCEs representation in initiatives such as industrial growth plans and sector deals. The role also provides a critical interface into regional sector and enterprise agencies to ensure TCEs relevance at a local level. The Programme Lead plays a pivotal role in shaping the sector's supply chain landscape, fostering innovation, and driving sustainable growth.
- Lead supply chain capability enhancement through the management of catalytic and enabling activities, including initiatives
- Engage with OSW supply chain entities and develop and influence TCEs support to underpin the delivery of the OSW portfolio whilst enabling the UKs substantial supply chain growth opportunity
- Utilise sector strategy and market insights to inform and guide supply chain and regions programmes, fostering growth and sustainability
- Oversee programmatic engagement with the Offshore Wind Industry Council, trade bodies and supply chain entities, ensuring alignment with strategic goals
- Identify future investment opportunities that enable and enhance supply chain growth within the OSW sector
- Lead on the engagement of advisory services to deliver discrete or framework arrangements including overseeing contract management, ensuring effective negotiation, execution, and fulfilment of agreements
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Proven leadership/management experience in supply chain management, programme leadership, and stakeholder engagement, ideally within the offshore renewable energy sector, or other major infrastructure or a significant industrial market sector
- Strong understanding of supply chain dynamics and significant sector strategies, spanning the roles of public and private sector
- Proficiency in research management and the integration of research findings into strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities for effective stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Commitment to sustainability principles and their integration into supply chain and programme efforts
- Effective management and oversight of technical advisory services to deliver impact and value for money
Our recruitment process
We are a proud disability confident employer and operate the offer of interview scheme Disability Confident employer scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
We are happy to offer alternative application methods or formats and can be flexible on our process to enable you to have the best opportunity.
If you have any questions about our recruitment process or would like to talk about adjustments, please contact us on email@example.com.