Advert close date: Thursday 30th November 2023
Purpose of the role: To play a key role in the delivery of The Crown Estate’s operational, customer, safety and sustainability strategic objectives. This role will be required to build effective and trusted relationships with our external partners, including on site teams. The role will play an integral part in driving a one team ethos, ensuring that The Crown Estate’s purpose, priorities and values are understood and effectively embedded across our extended supply chain. It will oversee operational delivery to ensure The Crown Estate’s contractual, best practice and statutory requirements are fulfilled to the highest standards. This role will be expected to deliver with a” top down and bottom up approach” with an appetite for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide strong day to day operational direction and delivery support across the MA’s and internal teams, proactively driving operational excellence, safety leadership and customer satisfaction.
- Play an integral role in delivering the business units Health & Safety Roadmap priorities, promoting a culture of care and continuous improvement.
- Develop a good operational understanding of the assets to enable effective leadership and support in crisis and incident management response ( this role will also be required to join the ‘on call’ rota).
- Support the delivery of sustainability interventions, effectively operationalising and embedding across the Managing agents FM, Centre teams and broader supply chain
- Delivery of Facilities Management procurement and provision to strengthen asset and building performance, customer satisfaction and to elevate operational effectiveness across all disciplines through impactful collaboration and leadership.
- Lead and support on digital enhancements and data remediation projects (ie H&S & maintenance systems compliance, base build data capture, energy metering), to strengthen assurance, and asset protection and stewardship
- Proactively lead and support operational focussed continuous improvement, driving opportunities for innovation, value add and efficiencies.
- Respect the views of others, creating a workplace and culture that we can all be proud to be part of, where everyone feels valued , supported and able to step forward and take accountability for their impact.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years real estate, multi-site destination or retail operations experience (preferably client side but not essential)
- MWIFM MRICS or similar qualifications are desirable
- A strong safety management background, ideally supported by NEBOSH or equivalent qualifications.
- Good working knowledge of H&S, CAFM & compliance systems alongside experience of applying governance, policy, process and procedures to operations and facilities management services.
- Commercially driven, with the ability to manage operational budgets effectively, identifying and implementing efficiencies and added value opportunities.
- Crisis and Incident management experience
- A good comprehension of technical building services, reactive/planned maintenance and fabric protection
- Experience in the implementation of sustainability strategies (including Net Zero)
- A passion and vision for operational excellence and best practice in facilities management, car park operations and building performance.
- An appetite for innovation and drive for continuous improvement
About The Crown Estate:
The Crown Estate is a unique business with a distinct heritage and a portfolio unlike any other.
It includes some of central London’s best places to work, shop and spend time, retail and leisure destinations across the country, and a substantial rural portfolio. As manager of the seabed and half the foreshore around England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we play a role in the UK’s world-leading offshore wind sector as well as marine aggregates, cables and pipelines. We are also responsible for the Windsor Estate, including the world-renowned Windsor Great Park.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position
Our recruitment process
We are a proud disability confident employer and operate the offer of interview scheme Disability Confident employer scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
We are happy to offer alternative application methods or formats and can be flexible on our process to enable you to have the best opportunity.
If you have any questions about our recruitment process or would like to talk about adjustments, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.