Advert Close date: 1st December 2023
Purpose of role: Lead the design and delivery of integrated communication strategies in support of our Strategic Business Units, predominantly Marine, while also advancing The Crown Estate’s broader purpose and strategy.
- Provide strategic communications advice and council to the MD of Marine and the Marine Leadership team, working in partnership with External Affairs.
- Lead the development and delivery of the strategic communications plan for our Marine business, aligned to the wider communications and Enterprise strategy.
- Support development and evolution of Strategic Business Unit narratives, speaking notes and key messages and in line with The Crown Estate as a whole.
- Work with senior leaders in developing their profile in support of business objectives and advising on external opportunities (e.g. speeches, articles etc.)
- Oversee the communications of all Marine announcements and publications, ensuring plans are integrated across media, internal and digital channels, and carefully coordinated with other teams, in particular External Affairs and Customer teams
- Lead on media engagement in relation to the Marine business, including building and fostering a network of sector journalists and overseeing the response to any enquiries.
- Play an active role in the wider press office, including participation in the out-of-hours rota.
- Work flexibly across the all TCE portfolios as needed.
- Work closely with and support the management of agency resource, drawing on their expertise as required while ensuring value for money.
- Work in a collaborative way that also coaches other junior colleagues in the communications team and supports their development in the business.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Experienced in helping develop and deliver evidence based multichannel communications strategies.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a senior level within an in-house or agency press office, including providing strategic council.
- Significant experience of working in an energy related sector
- Ideally offers an existing network of media contacts, and experienced at developing and maintaining new contacts.
- Experience of managing agency resource
- Excellent news sense and political acumen
- First class writing skills and ability to translate complex issues into plain English
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to deal with people confidently at the most senior levels, both internally and externally.
- A proven track record in managing and leading professional teams (including coaching, mentoring and leadership to achieve agreed performance objectives)
This is a permanent role
Our recruitment process
We are a proud disability confident employer and operate the offer of interview scheme Disability Confident employer scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
We are happy to offer alternative application methods or formats and can be flexible on our process to enable you to have the best opportunity.
If you have any questions about our recruitment process or would like to talk about adjustments, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.